February 25, 2012

Going Bananas in Pajamas

I should begin this post by acknowledging that I am extremely thankful that even since the last trimester of my pregnancy, my work responsibilities have lended themselves to telework. Still. One of the biggest advantages AND disadvantages to working from home is the fact that it's frighteningly easy for me to stay in my pajamas all day. Conference call? No problem. Emails? Nobody will know! (Well, they will now...)

Sounds nice, you say? Well, sometimes it is. Other times, it drives me bananas. It's entirely possible for me to go an entire day in pajamas, until it's time to shower and get ready for bed...which involves more pajamas. When I take the time to get dressed, in most cases, it's a switch to workout clothes, which could easily double for...pajamas. Get my drift?

I don't know if this post is meant to be more of a confession or a call-to-action. Maybe it's both. The point is, it's not working for me anymore. I have too many clothes (and fabulous accessories!) to let them go to waste, and life's too short to feel frumpy all the day long. If I can put my four-month-old son in something cute every morning, I can do the same for myself.

So who cares (or knows?!) what day of the week it is:

Stay-at-home, work-at-home moms of the world...GET DRESSED!

We're worth it.

P.S.  This post is not related to my business, which is about helping bright entrepreneurs attract their dream clients, one brilliant message at a time. HOWEV - if you like my writing and want help with your own, sign up for free tips at www.nikkielledgebrown.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment