March 12, 2012

Our Little Laugh Factory

Baby's first laugh. Classic moment. Wonderful moment. PRECIOUS moment. I'd read about it from my friends who had kiddos of their own, and I wondered when Bryson would grace us with his first giggles.

It ended up happening on a random afternoon in Texas, when I was playing with him on my parents' living room floor. We had just returned from a walk (which happened to be the one and only time I "worked out" the entire three weeks we were in Texas. But I digress.) At first I wasn't even sure it really happened! Then after a few repeat giggles, I knew it was real. What a sweet, sweet sound! We've had a few sporadic giggles since then, but not many.

Until a couple of weeks ago.

I had just returned from working out (again...is this God's way of motivating me to exercise?!), and I was talking to him while he was in his (cousin Claire's) swing. The rest of the story speaks for itself:



I've talked about how amazing it is to have this little being breathing back at me, but laughing back at me is taking it to a whole new level. How amazing is it that this little fella, who was just the size of a poppy seed one year ago, was having such fun with me!?

He's either a thrill seeker who likes being startled, or he's like me, and laughter is one of his ways to handle being "BOO scared", as I like to call it. (Those of you who have been my roommate and/or experienced a haunted house with me are fully aware of my abnormally sensitive "BOO reflex.")

Anyway. After the first few "BOO!"s, I couldn't tell who was making who laugh anymore, and it was magical. As Charlie Chaplin once said, "A day without laughter is a day wasted." That is certainly true in this house.

And if this keeps happening every time I get home from a workout, bring on bikini season.



P.S.  This post is not related to my business, which is about helping bright entrepreneurs attract their dream clients, one brilliant message at a time. HOWEV - if you like my writing and want help with your own, sign up for free tips at www.nikkielledgebrown.com!

photo credit: Express Monorail via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment