March 5, 2013

The Question I'd LOVE to Ask You

Hello, friend!

After my “Dreaming Big” post two weeks ago, I got a lot of great feedback from you. Oddly enough, that post is now about to knock out B’s 1st birthday extravaganza for the #1 spot! I like to think it's because you'd like to join me on this next adventure.

Anyway. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I know it’s easier not to, but at this stage of the game, every constructive comment I get plays a role in the decisions I make moving forward.

You are my market research!

You told me that you enjoy reading this blog because it’s relatable, fun, practical, everyday stuff. Some of the stories take an otherwise mundane part of life and make it more exciting. Some of the stories touch you because you’re there in that same phase of life.

You were just packing for the hospital, your ideal birth plan was also turned upside down (get it??), or perhaps you also had your iPhone stolen and falsely accused an innocent Craigslist poster.

We’re simpatico!

If that’s what has drawn you to the blog, don’t worry. I’ll keep writing about the everyday stuff in some capacity. I just want to grow a bit (okay a lot) more and put more intention behind it.

What I want to add is a more helpful element. I am more than thrilled if something I write entertains you, makes you laugh, makes you cry (in a good way), or makes you think. That’s amazing!

But what I really want to do in addition to all that is to use my unique set of interest, skills, and talents to make your life better in some way. I’ve got a lot of interests and experience to offer, but in order to be effective, I need to get a bit more focused.

Here’s where you come in.

I’ve got a survey for you. There are 10 questions total, but there's ONE in particular that will be absolutely key to helping me figure out where to focus. If you've only got 30 seconds, this is the one you gotta answer.

The Background Breakdown

First, if you don’t know me that well, here’s what you need to know about my experience before filling out the survey:
  • I’m married to a man who proudly wears a US Navy uniform to work every day.
  • I’m the mother of a precious 16-month-old fella named Bryson. 
  • I live a good 4,000 miles away from my extended family, so we’ve got the long distance thing covered.
  • I’ve got two degrees in Communication Studies. (No need to call me master.) 
  • I work mostly from home, and work-life (family) balance is very important to me.
  • I’ve been teaching communication in an official capacity since 2006. 
  • I. love. teaching. 
  • I've got big dreams, and I'm not afraid to go after them. Starting now.

Take the Survey!

K. Now you're all caught up. Time for the Qs.

As I  mentioned, late last night I crafted a survey to ask you some burning questions. If you’ve enjoyed reading the stories here and want to join me on this next adventure, please take a few minutes to fill it out.

I know most of you don't even comment when you click on over here, and that's totally fine (although I'd always love to hear what you have to say!). But this is hugely important. Come on. You can do eeet!

If you don't think you've got a few minutes, but only like, 30 seconds, to spare, let's cut to the chase: Question #4 is the heart of the survey. If you're short on time, please answer at least that one.

I would LOVE to know what you think!

Here it is. 10 questions, just for you.

Go on and click. I’ll wait!

Need the link again? Here you go.

K. Did you do it?

Excellent! Thank you so much!! I seriously can't wait to read your responses. It'll be like Christmas morning, only instead of socks, it's guidance for my business plan.

I have just one more favor to ask.You're on a roll!

If you know of a few friends who would enjoy reading this blog, please pass this post along. I am hoping to get as many responses as possible to help guide my decisions behind the scenes before creating the new site.

I can't tell you everything I've got planned because, well, it's not planned yet. (DUH. That's why I'm taking the survey.)

But everything else is falling into place around the unknowns. This is going to happen, people! 

And just to make a public proclamation so you can hold me to it: I'm planning to have the website up and running by June at the latest.

Get excited.

P.S. If you don't have time for the survey now, but will later, like when you're in the bathroom or laying in bed setting your alarm for the morning, here's the link again. 10 Qs for YOU.

I appreciate you! ;)

photo credit: Oberazzi via photopin cc

Exciting update! My business is about helping bright entrepreneurs attract their dream clients, one brilliant message at a time. If you like my writing and want help with your own, sign up for free tips at www.nikkielledgebrown.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment